4.04.2014

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way...

Hi, Robin here, with my weekly design for DRU. Dies R Us is an on line "super store" for all you die-a-holics!  Great selection, prices and shipping is free with a $35 purchase! 






This Easter card is created with several dies and it was fun to see it take shape. I started with Taylored Expression's Wicker Pocket die; the die has embossing lines to look like the basket had been woven. I highlighted the lines, on the basket, with a light colored pencil and then used Tattered Lace - Ivy die for the greenery.

Next I designed the background using Impression Obsession's Border Duo 1 for a lacy effect and adhered the background to my card base. I attached the basket with foam pop ups and added brightly colored eggs (made with an oval punch).


What would Easter be without BUNNIES? I was at a stamp show a few weeks ago and saw some white crepe paper that reminded me of BUNNY fur. I cut the bunnies using Poppystamps Chocolate Bunny and Grand Bunny dies from the crepe paper and also from white card stock to make them more ridged. I did try gluing the crepe paper to the white CS BEFORE cutting out, but the crepe paper flattened out going through the die cut machine and I lost that fur look. After gluing the crepe paper to the card stock the bunnies were sponged and a small black gem was added for eyes.



The card was finished with a bow made from netting and ribbon. I added a pretty pink brad to the center of a button which was glued to the bow.  The sentiment, Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday, was cut using the same punch used for the eggs.

Until next week… thanks for stopping by! 




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors, design and the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Cute little bunnies, eggs, and basket! Love the vine draping across the basket and pretty ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete