5.19.2014

Serene Green

I can't believe how many stencils are on the market these days, it's overwhelming. But, they are versatile and fun to play with.  When I first saw this stencil I knew exactly what I wanted to design. I have the Cheery Lynn Pair of Ferns die which looks very similar to the Garden Fronds stencil from Memory Box.


Using a light green ink and a mini blending tool I stenciled the background. Next I die cut the fern fronds from a darker green and added them to the card along with some white twine.


                              

I created the pretty flower using Spellbinders Blooms One die set and then lightly sponged the tips of the flower. After adding the flower to the card I attached a glitter dot.



I hope you have been enjoying all the DT members inspiration from DRU!!! Don't forget our Dies R Us Challenge .  Lots of fun and prizes!!!  Don't be left out!

Until next week…thanks for stopping by, 


1 comment:

  1. Great minds must think a like...I have been ordering Memory Box stencil dies from Dies R Us tonight as I want to start using the stencils more than what I have in the past. So many wonderful and lovely things can be done with them and Dies R Us has a wonderful selection of stencils in addition to their dies. I love the idea of dry embossing and paper piercing with the stencil and using either quilled flowers or dry flowers to make it pop. Thank you for sharing this easy to follow along with tutorial and your card is beautiful. I can't wait to see what else you have in mind using stencils.

    ReplyDelete