4.15.2015

April Showers Challenge

Hi everyone! Welcome to the "April Showers Bring May Flowers" challenge at Dies R Us
I created this fun card using Lawn Fawn - Spring Showers Dies and Memory Box - Summer Border die. Unfortunately the Memory Box die is no longer available but a GREAT substitute would be Poppy stamps - Brighton Flower Border Die
I stamped my rain using Impression Obsessions "Rain" background stamp and added to my 6" x 6" card base and stamped Happy Birthday To You (Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings) at the bottom. Next, I cut the clouds from white card stock and lightly sponged the edges. The sun was cut from a patterned yellow paper and added to the card base along with the clouds, using foam pop ups. My Spring flower border was cut from green patterned paper; I then cut the flower tops and butterflys using different colored paper, cut them out and glued onto the green stems. The border was attached to the card base with foam tape. A few pearls and my card was finished!
Check out the DRU challenge blog, create a project with the theme "April Showers Bring May Flowers", up load your picture and who knows, you might be the next winner! 

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. Robin, this card is fabulous! I just love the rain stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card. I like the rain background and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete