8.26.2015

Recipe Box of Memories

Happy Heartfelt Wednesday everyone! A few years ago I got on a kick and started collecting old recipes on eBay; some came in binders and others arrived in recipe boxes. I was always questioning why someone would sell a family recipe collection. I have all of my moms recipes, handwritten, clipped from magazines and when she was learning to type, she practiced on recipe cards. Each recipe brings back so many memories, some we actually made and others were saved for another day, still unmade to this day. But no way can I throw them away, these were mom's tools and I still use her 1950's McCall's Pumpkin Pie recipe every year! For me recipes are memories...
I guess most people don't use recipe boxes anymore, this wood box was not impossible to find, but it did take a bit of looking; I finally found it on Amazon! I covered it with the latest release from Heartfelt Creations, the Farmers Market Collection!
So, go get yourself a recipe box, personalize it in your own style, fill it with family memories and pass it on to the next generation!
For more ideas using the Farmers Market Collection stop by the Heartfelt Blog!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome altered project Robin! The recipe box is adorable with all the Farmers Market elements decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, this project is divine on so many levels! Not only does it look fantastic they way you've covered and decorated it...but the heirloom idea of passing it down to the next generation is fantastic! I have been wanting to get a binder going for my daughter...but perhaps you've made me think twice! I inherited all of my grandmothers cookbooks, handwritten recipes, etc. when she passed away...nothing can compare to the memories that come along with those recipes and her handwriting! Thanks for the awesome idea and the trip down memory lane!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, this is so beautifully made! I love that diamond background paper! The raised elements add such great depth to the project and the coloring is perfection! Just a gorgeous treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, what a great and beautiful idea! Always good to recieve something specail from some one who has made it with love. You have pimped this box beautifuly!

    ReplyDelete