1.15.2014

I Won!!!

My card, for Impression Obsession's  Blue Challenge, won!!!  Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my card on their blog;  I won a gift certificate to use in their shop, hmmmm what should I get, LOL.  No problem here, I was at CHA this past weekend, saw the new releases in IO's  booth, picked up a catalog and have been making a wish list ever since.

Speaking of CHA, WOW!  I'm lucky to live in Orange, it's only 15 minutes to the Anaheim Convention Center where CHA is held each year.  By teaching and being on my local stamp shop's (Stamp Fever) design team we are given the opportunity to attend CHA, which is a "to the trade only" convention.  The convention features the new designs from known companies, new products to try out and bring into the shop and a peak at up and coming companies.  We took classes, talked to designers and just had a great time, not to mention sore feet; it's a huge convention.  Although the convention is held over four days I managed to catch a bad cold and could only go for two; OK, can't wait for next year.

So, with a bad cold, I did what any stamper would do…..stayed in my craft room and made cards!  Here are two cards I made for Valentine's Day.  The first card uses Memory box dies, Petallics Cover stock pearlized paper (Beargrass) from Worldwin, matte silver paper from Bazzill and the red paper with heart/words is from Authentique Paper. I used the inlay technique for the word Love and the red heart is also inlayed into the Memory Box die (Silverdale Heart).  The heart is raised up using 3D foam squares and the card is finished with rhinestone stick ons.


Again using the inlay technique for the word "Love" (Memory Box) I used Petallics Cover stock in a soft peachy/pink. The beautiful heart die is the Whispers-Viney Heart from Die-Versions.  Both the word love and the heart use the matte silver paper from Bazzill. The card is embellished with pearl 
stick ons.

                                           




1 comment:

  1. Both of your cards are Beautiful Robin! Congrats on your IO win!!! Fun!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete