1.07.2015

Heartfelt Sunny Paperweight

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to my first project of the new year for Heartfelt Creations! This paperweight uses the Classic Sunflower Collection and is a quick and easy project.


This project started when I saw a wood block at my local craft store. Now I realize my DH has some scrap 4"x4" in the garage, but I also know what it would have taken to get him to make me a few blocks. Not only would he have had to clean off the chop saw, at least a 2 day project, but I am sure it would require a new saw blade which would mean a trip to Home Depot and a few other woodworking stores. So my $3 block would probably have cost at least $50 and taken a few days to finally have it in my hands.



Sunny Paper Weight

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:
HCDP1-247 Classic Sunflower Paper Collection
HCPC-3626 Classic Sunflower Cling Stamp Set
HCD1-753 Classic Sunflower Die
HCPC-3435 Feather Grass Flourish Cling Stamp Set
HCD1-732 Decorative Flower Pot Die Set
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
Art Glitter Metal Glue Tip

Other Products Used: Wood Block (3 1/2" x x 3 1/2"), Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters & Forest Moss), Memento Ink (Rich Cocoa), Glue Dots, Micro Beads and ribbon.

Project Instructions: Cover the wood block with the large dot paper from the Classic Sunflower Paper Collection using liquid glue. Stamp all side of block, using a light brown ink, with the medium flourish from the Feather Grass Flourish Cling Stamp Set. Cut five (5) leaf sprigs from the Decorative Flower Pot Die Set, color paper with distress ink. Stamp flowers twice (2x) with Memento ink, cut flowers out using Classic Sunflower Die, color sunflowers with Memento ink and shape using McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Paper Blossoms Molding Mat. Layer flowers and add Micro beads to center with liquid glue. Glue leaf sprigs to the sides of block, add ribbon to top of block with glue dots, attach two leaf sprigs on top of ribbon and glue flowers to block. 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the Heartfelt Design Team members projects for the week! Lots of ideas from a great group of talented ladies!

10 comments:

  1. Robin, I laughed out loud over the chop saw saga...hahahha! So true! This is stunning! It is perfectly composed and just a delight to behold. Those flowers are gorgeous! I'm so glad you are on the HC team...you bring a wonderful perspective to their products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Oh I love this flower.Everything is so pretty.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, this is absolutely gorgeous. i love the box, then you've such beautiful flowers and details, its just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Robin honey, it's a man thing!! LOL. You did the smart thing by just purchasing the block. And it is stunning! I absolutely love it! I'm tucking away this in my mind to make for stocking stuffers next year! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Robin! Ps. I would have bought the block too LOL! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you crack me up -- our husbands must be related!! LOL!! He would have done the exact same thing! You killed that sunflower set, absolutely ran away with it. I just love your altered paperweight! Bravo my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, that has got to be the prettiest block of wood I have ever seen!!! Gorgeous flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea...a paper weight! As above, you made a simple block of wood look fantastic! oxo

    ReplyDelete