6.13.2014

4th of July!

Happy Friday everyone! Robin here with a patriotic card for the 4th of July!  Although Memorial Day is the official start of summer in the US, I never feel it's summer until the 4th of July!   We have a weather pattern here in Southern California that usually shows up in May and June called a marine layer. The marine layer makes the days overcast so we call it "May Grey or June Gloom".  By July the June Gloom is gone and it's bright and sunny all day and we are ready for bar-b-ques, get togethers and such.


My card started with stamping the Graphic Greeting Patriotic stamp, from Taylored Expressions onto kraft paper.  I then cut out the stamped image using Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles and sponged the edges. After making my card base from red, white and blue patterned paper I added the Border Carnivale die cut, from Cheery Lynn and a canvas ribbon.  The stamped image was embellished with star brads.  TIP: The white star brad didn't quite match the off white in the card so I colored it with a Copic marker for a better match!

Until next week…thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin! I might have already posted on the DRU blog but I love this card! Love the papers, border, everything. I purchased the border die too because of this card! Stop making such lovely things, it's really not good for my wallet.

    ReplyDelete